Need help with our undergrad thesis

Zaleha

Joined Jun 21, 2011
i'm in my fifth year now as an Electronics Engineering student and i badly need ideas for our thesis. am basically blanked out. am not sure why. any suggestions?
we need something not expensive and something that is possible to finish in a year or less.

thank you very much.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Electronics has a broad range of subjects.
First try to find out what does interest you.
Then you can more easy select a subject.

Bertus

mcdaza

Joined Jun 16, 2011
I don't know enough about EE to give you specific advice, but some good general guidelines are:

- Pick something you like/that interests you. You don't want to be doing something you hate for a year.
- If at all possible look at what other people have done before you, particularly those that did well and learn from that.
- Pick something that's achievable with the time/money you have. Also pick something that you can break down into smaller parts or sections. That way if something's harder than you thought you can perhaps finish 4/6 sections, or if things go well you can add another one. It also really good to have smaller milestones along the way.
- Start as soon as you can.
- Have a plan.

Good luck.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
What study majors are you taking this year? If we knew something more about your areas of study that might help with you receiving suggestions. When you say "our" do you mean this would be a group task or is it an individual assignment?

Is it possible to do this with other students as a team effort? As long as everyone puts in the work in that case it might provide greater motivation to you.