need help with my phones cracked glass

mikeestes99

Joined Feb 25, 2014
hi to everyone,
i am new to your forum and i really hope someone can help me find what i need. i have a samsung galaxy express sgh-i437 with a cracked outer glass. everything still works great, the LCD and touchscreen all still do their job but the long splintered crack down the entire phone really looks bad. i have searched for a repair guide and found a couple on YouTube but the video was really bad. i searched on a few "fix it" sites and although they had tons of samsung galaxy phone repair guides, they didn't have the one i need. a lot of the samsung galaxy smartphones on those "fix-it" sites look similar to mine and i did look at their repair guides but somethings telling me i should wait and talk to the pros ( you guys). i have fixed several other phones with all the normal problems, cracked glass, digitizer,usb charging port, and all have been on different model iPhone but never a samsung galaxy phone.
any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
mike

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC.

I have fixed broken glass on iPods. I simply remove the broken glass and replace it with a thin sheet of acrylic (Plexiglas, Perspex, Lucite).

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hi to everyone,
i am new to your forum and i really hope someone can help me find what i need. i have a samsung galaxy express sgh-i437 with a cracked outer glass. everything still works great, the LCD and touchscreen all still do their job but the long splintered crack down the entire phone really looks bad. i have searched for a repair guide and found a couple on YouTube but the video was really bad. i searched on a few "fix it" sites and although they had tons of samsung galaxy phone repair guides, they didn't have the one i need. a lot of the samsung galaxy smartphones on those "fix-it" sites look similar to mine and i did look at their repair guides but somethings telling me i should wait and talk to the pros ( you guys). i have fixed several other phones with all the normal problems, cracked glass, digitizer,usb charging port, and all have been on different model iPhone but never a samsung galaxy phone.
any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
mike
eBay has them for $10

eBay glass screen