Need help With my circuit. If you have a simulator program, definantly look. thanks.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
For some reason, Yenka thinks that the ICs that are blowing up are powered by 5V, which is 9V less than 14V. 5V is probably the default power supply for those ICs. You apparently have to tell Yenka the ICs are using 14V.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
did you unzip the example file that Jony130 so kindly gave you?

On edit:

What project are you working on where you have 260W and 200W 14V lights?

Last edited:

fordrule1

Joined Jun 25, 2010
did you unzip the example file that Jony130 so kindly gave you?

On edit:

What project are you working on where you have 260W and 200W 14V lights?
yes i did and that works. BUt i want to try and get my one to work, and his looks very complicated?
Its a project i need to get done.

Jony130, since u seem to use yenka, would you happen to know why my those 3 components in my circuit are blowing up?

fordrule1

Joined Jun 25, 2010
Well I was thought about this
Ok i tryed that, not only do the same things blow up, but now the switch blows up. I put it in the same place as the diagram.

If i upload my circuit from yenka, could you or someone who has it, have a fiddle with it and see if they can get it to work?

fordrule1

Joined Jun 25, 2010
The Cmos logic ICs will overheat if you do not properly disable the unused ones. Disable them by connecting unused inputs to ground.
do you mean connect the 'S' pin of the flip flop to the negative?
If so, i tried that, and it does nothing. still blows up.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
do you mean connect the 'S' pin of the flip flop to the negative?
If so, i tried that, and it does nothing. still blows up.
The S and R pins of a CD4013 must be grounded for it to work. All the inputs on the unused flip-flop should be connected to ground or to the positive supply.

Yenka is designed for old fashioned 5V TTL logic ICs that blow up when the supply is as high as 14V. You must use the "power connector" somehow to power the Cmos logic ICs with 14V.

fordrule1

Joined Jun 25, 2010
The S and R pins of a CD4013 must be grounded for it to work. All the inputs on the unused flip-flop should be connected to ground or to the positive supply.

Yenka is designed for old fashioned 5V TTL logic ICs that blow up when the supply is as high as 14V. You must use the "power connector" somehow to power the Cmos logic ICs with 14V.
im sorry but i dont understand much of what you said. Why would the 'R' pin be grounded? isnt that where the power is supposed to come from?
And there is no un-used pins, except the 'S'? so i connect that to ground?

Well do you know of a simulator i can use that is for modern IC's? and is free?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Sorry. You are using a 74HC74 dual flip-flop which is completely different to a CD4013 dual flip-flop that I thought you had. The 74HC74 has a max allowed supply voltage of only 6V.
Its unused half must be properly disabled and its unused pins must connect properly to ground or to the supply voltage so that it performs the functions you want.

fordrule1

Joined Jun 25, 2010
Sorry. You are using a 74HC74 dual flip-flop which is completely different to a CD4013 dual flip-flop that I thought you had. The 74HC74 has a max allowed supply voltage of only 6V.
Its unused half must be properly disabled and its unused pins must connect properly to ground or to the supply voltage so that it performs the functions you want.
No, i am using the CD4013, if you check my more recent circuit post you'll see i changed it. But still, it's design is exactly the same. And like i said, isn't R pin the input power and then S pin for negative? because both Q's are output and are for the lights, and the clock is connected to negative with a positive push switch to swap from high to low.

I need someone to figure out why the inverter and AND gates are blowing up, because i have no idea, and unless i figure it out i cant test my circuit because they are holding me back at the moment.

If anyone has yenka, i have uploaded my circuit in a yenka format a few posts back, please take a look and see if you know whats wrong thanks.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Here is the simplest version that I can make:

If you have some problem with contact bouncing then you can use as a debouncing device not use D flip-flop in the IC.

PS. C3 and R4 determine the shut-down time.

Attachments

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I need someone to figure out why the inverter and AND gates are blowing up, because i have no idea, and unless i figure it out i cant test my circuit because they are holding me back at the moment.
After adding the pullup resistor on the CD4013 and a pullup on the 555 trig, the circuit works somewhat normally. However, you have not expressed what the desired outcome should be. I know what it is, but what is unknown is your specifications. You have been secretative about those specifications.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Jony,

the thumbnails are difficult, at best to read. why not just upload the original graphic to the forum?
Why do you say that?
The schematics were uploaded to this forum and appear as a thumbnail until you double-click on one then it becomes normal big size.