Need help with music and light project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Zaper, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Zaper

Thread Starter Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Good call on the ICs. I haven't been able to replace them yet but I did try switching them around just to see what would happen and when I did the LEDs that had been working became very unresponsive (I either had to tap the mic or blast music right at it to get them to light up). Now that I know whats wrong do you have any suggestions on where I can find a new one easy? I bought the ones that have from a supplier in China but I don't really feel like waiting 2 weeks for one part and I don't really live by any stores that would carry them I don't think.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    What part #(s) are they? Probably a dozen different ones that will work identically you can purchase from Mouser, possibly even from (ugh) Radio Shack.

3. Zaper

Thread Starter Member

Aug 17, 2010
    LM358. I looked at my local Radio Shack and they didn't carry it

4. Zaper

Thread Starter Member

Aug 17, 2010
    To be more exact the ones I have now are both LM358P made by Texas Instruments

5. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    Radio Shack has a TL082 that should work fine if not better. Same pinout, just JFET input instead of bipolar which won't affect your simple circuit.

Mouser has the exact LM358 ICs for about 40 cents each but delivery time would depend on where you live. If you call them on the phone they can quote you shipping costs, by mail it probably wouldn't be but $2 max.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    Zaper likes this.
  6. Zaper

Thread Starter Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Ok I'll check it out. Thanks a ton