Need help with LS7406 circuit

woffler

Joined Dec 24, 2008
I have included the circuit diagram the confusion comes on the pin out circuit on the buffer chip there is a negative pin 7 and a VCC pin 14 do these go to the breakout board( + -) logic pins .I have never used one of these before and this is my first attempt at one . And also would the 5+ from the power supply go to logic LA1 pin and out on the 1Y2 pin and then to the breakout board. I hope i have included enough information if not please let me know and thank you .

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I have included the circuit diagram.
The confusion comes on the pin out circuit on the buffer chip; there is a negative pin 7 and a VCC pin 14
Pin 7, GND, must be connected to a power supply GND, or power return.
Pin 14, VCC, must be connected to a power supply +5v output.

do these go to the breakout board( + -) logic pins?
If you are using the breakout board for the IC power supply, then yes. GND would go to the BOB (-), and VCC would be connected to the BOB (+).
If you are using some other supply, then the other supply would need to have it's GND connected to the BOB (-).

I have never used one of these before and this is my first attempt at one.
Good luck. :) Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be.

And also would the 5+ from the power supply go to logic LA1 pin and out on the 1Y2 pin and then to the breakout board.
You can use any of the six buffers in whichever order that you would like to use them. However, it would be convenient to use three of these buffers in a row, as they need to be connected that way anyway; one buffers' output feeds the next buffers' input.

These buffers act sort of like a SPST N.O. relay. If there is 0v on the input, the output is not electrically connected to anything. If there is 5v on the input, the output is connected to the GND pin, so it will sink current. That is why there is a note in the schematic about using the resistors to 5v so you will see an output.

I hope i have included enough information if not please let me know and thank you.
I hope the information I've provided will help you to complete your project.

woffler

Joined Dec 24, 2008
I appreciate the help i just did not want to wire it wrong ,you explained it perfectly and i appreciate the help Semper Fi.