Need help with ID and usage of ASUS PC DIAG CARD

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok So I'm dumpster diving the other day and get a nice little treasure bag that says ASUS. Inside is a PC tech's dream. About 6 SATA cables, 3 SATA power cables, 3 PCI-E16 power cables, 2 SCART?2VGA adaptors, 2 SCART?2HDMI adaptors. And a very small wierd PCB that says ASUS on it with 2 x 7 segment LED's, 2 x Buttons 1 reading On/Off, 1 reading Reset. It also seems to have a 20 pin jtag adaptor on it for programming one way or the other. The chip says ALTERA EPM3032a. I looked it up and seems its a FPGA or some sort of processor. Can't seem to find any pics of it but does anyone know anything about these. Do you think I could reprogram it for me to play around with? Or Should I just desolder the switches, jtag, 7 segs, and chip for parts bin? Also anyone know what this was used for?

Last edited:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Put it on eBay, probably useful to someone. Can you take a picture?

BTW, love your find. My biggest find at a fete was a stack of 3 computers with Pentium III processors + CD drives (one even had a shiny LG DVD±RW, worth £50 new.)

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Yup, that appears to be one of their proprietary diagnostidc tools that fits certain motherboards.

I vote for the eBay route, they've been having a lot of Free and 0.10 listing days lately.