need help with even counter mod-8 7493

mephosis

Joined Jan 28, 2010
7493 IC , and is mod 8 and only the counting up even numbers will light up on the BCD display in the sequence of 0,off,2,4,off,6,off,2,off,4,off,6,off,0,off,2 , ,,,ETC does anyone know how to connect pls send the diagram to me something like the file i attached to this thread but its the odd counter i need the even counter ,<snip>

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

How does the "blanking" of the dispaly occur?
You could switch of the power to the display at odd numbers.

Greetings,
Bertus

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Your logic to drive the display is incorrect. Look at the way a 7 segment display works - or get a 7447 display driver. It even has a blanking pin.

You can use Google to get data sheets for your logic. Use the device number as the search term.

mephosis

Joined Jan 28, 2010
Erm I'm only given 7493 IC,AND,OR,NOT gate. so is there anyway to make this IC to let it count even numbers only, in mod-8 .If anyone has the diagram pls send it to <snip> , thank you =)

Moderator's note: Attempting to obtain homework answers by email goes against the spirit of the public forums. Questions and their answers should be made in the public view.

Last edited by a moderator:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You might review the sticky note:
Important

The Homework Help Forum is not a free homework service; we are here to help your understanding, but fully expect the users of this forum to dictate the course of their own learning.

When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions.