need help with constant current PWM conversion from 12v to 24v

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'm still fiddling with re-creating the Eagle schematic from my original, but using parts similar to what you're using. Having to make a few library parts, like the MCP14628.

After looking at your photo some more and then reading back in the thread, looks like you decided to use a single 6v regulator instead of individual 5v and 6v regulators. That's not good; the MCP14628 isn't rated to run on that much voltage.

samuraimarc

Joined Mar 28, 2009
No, I've got the two regulators on there, the 5v is just for the MCP14628. I draw on it in paint so I can label everything and post it next. Thanks

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hello again.

Sorry I haven't made any progress on this. Although it worked in simulation, I'm thinking there needs to be some changes made.

One problem is that I don't have a SPICE model for the MCP14628 driver IC.

Another is that after considering the circuit further, I may have been getting duped by the simulation appearing to change PWM percentage, when real-life parts may not.

Changing to a Darlington wouldn't help.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I have the mcp14628 model for spice, is there a way I can send it to you? What file extensions can I attach here?
Oh, great!

Rename it to a .TXT file, as that's what it should be.

You can then attach it using the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" buttons.

samuraimarc

Joined Mar 28, 2009
they come as a .bxl format so I don't know if they will work as a .txt file to put it into your library. I'll give it a try but I might need to send it you in an Email. if it doesn't work, send me a private me3ssage with address and I'll send it to you. if your scared I can find the website where I got it