Need help with a Sequential LED board (maybe i will stop being harassed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamtaylorpcb

Joined Feb 3, 2011
the rules read:
2. Any homemade wiring modifications to signal or head lighting, or penetrations through the fiewall are not for discussion. The lighting function is to too critical for non-approved wiring and connectors. Many safety issues are involved. Preventing chafing in wires passing through driver-made holes is impossible to guarantee.

this guy keeps deleting my threads, even when i say nothing about modifying a headlight or modifying my signal light. what im asking for is help to add another signal light in addition to my stock one.

This breaks none of the rules listed and i am looking to this forum and the knowledge that its members have to help me... which is what i thought the purpose of forums were but i have been told to basically leave because one member told me because of my car, i should go buy something instead of make it and this Bertus just hitting lock on everything i do like its going out of style. I feel the opposite of welcome here and thats pretty disappointing.

If you really need it, you should buy a ready made and APPROVED set. Especially if you got the money for a 350Z I am sure you have the money to buy different lights.
Such homemade turn lights could dazzle and blind drivers behind you at night and I think that is illegal to change any part of lights in all civilized countries.
we all know what assuming does... I saved my money from the age of 14 until i was 21 so i could buy myself a nice car... sorry i learned how to save at an early age. I'm on my last semester of my BA degree so money is pretty tight. Just because of my car don't assume your better than me or that im above DIY work. I have fiberglassed my audio system in my car with kickpanels, doorpods and dash pods as well as a full false floor of wood, fiberglass, aluminum, carbon fiber and copper..... yep, never "done it myself" i would rather pay someone ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are not going to beat a moderator, he is just doing his job. In this case all of the moderators and a lot of the members support the policy, so this thread is not going to happen.

If you were here to learn electronics you'd have the answers by now, but trying to circumvent the rules as posted isn't working. Automotive modifications, especially on turn signals (even adding new ones) is verboten.

It has to do with safety and liability. You can not relieve this site of liability, and we can't guarantee what you build is safe. One law suite would end this site, just one. Most modern LEDs are bright enough to cause permanent eye damage.

I have helped a lot of people with simple sequencers and special effects on LEDs, but by pushing the issue you have tied my hands, as well as anyone else wanting to teach. We're not going to go against the moderators and the rules that have been set here.

There is another good site, ElectroTech, that has different rules. You might get what you need there.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You are hardly being harassed. You are simply being asked to follow the rules.

The rules are for everybody - it's not all about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.