Need help with a pcb board

greenJames

Joined Apr 24, 2013
Ok I have down loaded eagle v6

I been working on it (the program) for a week went my son came across a project he wants to make over the summer holidays.

He has even found a web site with free drawing in eagle now I have down loaded his files and opened them in eagle and to my surprise I can't use them two many layers but then I opened the board area and to my surprise it opened

So I loaded a pcb to gcode program and started the process of putting in my information ie mach3 etc but when I came to run the program eagle didn't like it and refused to write the gcode saying is and that file not found arrg

I don't really know what I've done wrong but maybe the version 6 lite has limits

All the file have been made in eagle v5 would some one kindly convert the files for me as I'm at a loss

This is the web site address
http://www.hownottoengineer.com/down.html

he also has the library files as well to down load would any one be so kind as to help me please

Green James

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Well... each layout program uses its own proprietary format, and there's really no need for a translator: if you want a file in X you make it in X.

There's some common formats in netlist, which is the go between the schematic and the PCB, and the standard output for PCB fabrication is a gerber file, and the all make that.

That sight does seem to include a download of the gerbers. Just be advised multilayer PCB's ain't exactly cheap. Not a huge strain of you get them made in China, which I do all the time thru EBay.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Some of the traces are awfully close together, and the drill sizes are tiny according to my DRC. Just make sure your manufacturer can handle it.

Are you just trying to get the designs from it (i.e. gerber files)?

greenJames

Joined Apr 24, 2013
i manage to run a small test on this board and even a 10 degrees engraving bit struggled with the cutting so I'm going to redesign it from scratch

james