Need Help wiring up 433 Mhz Reciever & Transmitter Modules:

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
Need Help wiring up 433 Mhz Reciever & Transmitter Modules:

I Bought these modules with no available schematic on how to wire them.
One module (reciver?) says 5 v, I'm guessing the other 3 pin module would
be a 3v transmitter (fob).
4 pin module, (I assume the reciever), also has a marking at top xy-mk 5v.
I know the gnd will be ground and vcc will be to the pos terminal of my
power supply, I hooked up each data pin (one at a time) to an led , when
powered up the led came on , but I doubt it should have with no signal
from the transmitter, anyway I'm stuck....lol
1) gnd
2) Data
3) Data
4) VCC
3 pin module, (I assume the Transmitter (key fob), has marking at top FS1000A.
I also from past experience imagine the transmitter is going to need to be powered at 3 volts?
1) ATAD
2)VCC
3) Grd
Anybody know all about transmitter/recievers ?
Thanks.....

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Do you have photos?
Where did you buy it? - web link is best!

Any model numbers or manufacturer besides what may be printed on the PCB?

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I've used those TX & RX modules a few times, with both PIC 16F628, and PICAXE 08M2, 14M2 and 20M2.

They are extremely easy to use with the PICAXE uC. Are you working on a schematic, circuit or source code?

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
There's some information on my page for working with those cheap ebay style 433 MHz RF modules;
http://www.romanblack.com/RF/cheapRFmodules.htm
:)
First one on the page is it.

But what value capacitors do I need (it doesn't come with them) , how do you decide the value, (most any will do,or....?), why do I need them ....

I don't have the white with red strip wires either, are the hooked to anything or one is antanae boost and other is ?
I also see you have a little yellow thingy (wire?) attached to the upper right corner of the transmitter (for what ?)
What type of wire do I need for the red stripped and the yellow?

Then back to my question , other than the obvious vcc and grd what do I do with the other terminals.

Transmitter One Data in

Reciever Two data out

Thanks...

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
I've used those TX & RX modules a few times, with both PIC 16F628, and PICAXE 08M2, 14M2 and 20M2.

They are extremely easy to use with the PICAXE uC. Are you working on a schematic, circuit or source code?
I think I've got the wrong item.

I have some transmitter/reciever modules that don't have to interface with digital signals, just adding a mosfet on the receiver side to power 3 watt + loads was all I had to do to get working sets.

Edit ( circuit I think, no logic signals )

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
Why mix up frequencies.

The type I linked to have varied logic. latch, toggle, momentary

I think they have about 8 pins that can be soldered hi or lo in any combination for addressing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/433MHZ-DC12...ing_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item3a840dd7c5

This might be more versatile. Haven't tried one yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260607595182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Cool, this is like some others I have with what looks like higher current solid state relays integrated.
You can also wire these up toggle,momentary, latch within the same unit?

What is the difference between latch and toggle, I haven't yet figured that one out, I'd think latched, like toggle stays latched until you signal it again....:shruggs:....

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
A latch uses two buttons.
One button to turn relay on. Latch
Other button turns relay off. Unlatch

Toggle uses just one button.
Press on, press off. Like the clapper.:)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
(re module type) First one on the page is it.

But what value capacitors do I need (it doesn't come with them) , how do you decide the value, (most any will do,or....?), why do I need them ....

I don't have the white with red strip wires either, are the hooked to anything or one is antanae boost and other is ?
Looks like you have standard Chinese ebay style RF modules. :)

I added the 10uF 25v tantalum capacitors across the power pins on each module. It's just a good habit with cheap ebay modules because they are always under-capped on the power pins (to save them money as larger caps cost money).

The "striped" wires are just antenna and ground. They connect to the antenna and gnd pins. If you have a large-ish metal box you can connect the ground to that and just have an antenna wire.

The reason my wires have stripes is because they are old telecomms wire (single core), because single core wire is stiff enough to stand up vertically like an antenna. :)

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013

I added the 10uF 25v tantalum capacitors across the power pins on each module. It's just a good habit with cheap ebay modules because they are always under-capped on the power pins (to save them money as larger caps cost money).

The "striped" wires are just antenna and ground. They connect to the antenna and gnd pins. If you have a large-ish metal box you can connect the ground to that and just have an antenna wire.

The reason my wires have stripes is because they are old telecomms wire (single core), because single core wire is stiff enough to stand up vertically like an antenna. :)
Thanks,
They come with ebayish antenaes:p already, would your addition(wire you added) improve range ?

By the way , how get the thing to work , I know to go vcc to 6v or so and the grnds to grounds, how do I get a line out voltage on the receiver end to 'occur' ?

I tried feeding the 3 pin transmitter with 3 and then 6 volts while there was power to the reciever as well, but can't seem to get anything happening on the reciever end, I'd assume the data pins would both put out a voltage once the transmitter is keyed....?

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013

Thanks,
They come with ebayish antenaes:p already, would your addition(wire you added) improve range ?

By the way , how get the thing to work , I know to go vcc to 6v or so and the grnds to grounds, how do I get a line out voltage on the receiver end to 'occur' ?

I tried feeding the 3 pin transmitter with 3 and then 6 volts while there was power to the reciever as well, but can't seem to get anything happening on the reciever end, I'd assume the data pins would both put out a voltage once the transmitter is keyed....?