Need Help wiring up 433 Mhz Reciever & Transmitter Modules:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
You need to modulate the signal into the transmitter (like Nerdegutta said above). You can use a 555 timer input pulses into the transmitter.

The receiver output will drive a small LED (say at 1mA or 2mA). The LED connects from the receiver output to receiver ground and needs a series resistor of about 1k. Also remeber that the reciever will crank up its gain when the transmitter is off, so it will still put out noise (and light the LED) even when the transmitter is off.

You need to tell us what this will be used for, then we can advise on the best type of signal to transmit and how to decode that signal at the receiver.

Re the antenna; I think the ebay ones are a little wire coil? Yes a proper sized length stick antenna or dipole will probably work better, but will be larger of course.

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
You need to modulate the signal into the transmitter (like Nerdegutta said above). You can use a 555 timer input pulses into the transmitter.

The receiver output will drive a small LED (say at 1mA or 2mA). The LED connects from the receiver output to receiver ground and needs a series resistor of about 1k. Also remeber that the reciever will crank up its gain when the transmitter is off, so it will still put out noise (and light the LED) even when the transmitter is off.

You need to tell us what this will be used for, then we can advise on the best type of signal to transmit and how to decode that signal at the receiver.

Re the antenna; I think the ebay ones are a little wire coil? Yes a proper sized length stick antenna or dipole will probably work better, but will be larger of course.
Thanks much, I had planned to use it like another set of rec/transmitter that I currently use as a means of turning on a 12volt light from a 20' ± distance.
The only thing I needed to add to that system is a solid state coil and N mosfet (at receiver) with a 'low' transistor for the mosfet gate.

This new unit is probably not what I should have bought.

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
You need to transmit something, not turning the TX and RX on. Do you have a circuit or a schematic? Perhaps some source code?

Thanks, no code , there wasn't any info on the unit I'll put it on the shelf for a future project.

What is TX and RX ? Transmitter Receiver ?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
... I had planned to use it like another set of rec/transmitter that I currently use as a means of turning on a 12volt light from a 20' ± distance.
The only thing I needed to add to that system is a solid state coil and N mosfet (at receiver) with a 'low' transistor for the mosfet gate.

This new unit is probably not what I should have bought.
Ah! I understand you a bit better now. :)

I agree, the new modules you bought are not ideal for that application. They require a code to be input into the transmitter. Then another device must de-code the output of the receiver. Then after all that, you have something that can be used as a 20 foot remote control.

If you need to buy something simple then you can google for "RF remote control module" and it will cost a bit more but should give you an easy way to turn something on/off from a distance. Many modules even have a relay, so their relay output can be connected to just about anything.

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
Ah! I understand you a bit better now. :)

I agree, the new modules you bought are not ideal for that application. They require a code to be input into the transmitter. Then another device must de-code the output of the receiver. Then after all that, you have something that can be used as a 20 foot remote control.

If you need to buy something simple then you can google for "RF remote control module" and it will cost a bit more but should give you an easy way to turn something on/off from a distance. Many modules even have a relay, so their relay output can be connected to just about anything.
Thanks, I have some cheap 'sets' already from adafruit, they work great at that short range.
I have student's and if I could buy lots cheaper (that's what I was trying to accomplish) I could get a ton of them and not worry so much about them getting trashed.
Thanks for your help.

alex20

Joined May 21, 2016
I've used those TX & RX modules a few times, with both PIC 16F628, and PICAXE 08M2, 14M2 and 20M2.

They are extremely easy to use with the PICAXE uC. Are you working on a schematic, circuit or source code?
Hello nerdegutta,

I am also trying to program two PIC24F16KA102 to communicate among themselves through these TX/RX modules (XY-MK-5V and FS1000A). I did the hardware wiring but I am having problems with the programming.
Please, is there any chance you can post (in the name of the Open Source :) ) here the emitter and receiver source codes?

Thank you,
alex