Need help wiring remote control pcb

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Hi Guys :)and thank you for reading this. I hope you can help this dumb bloke (me):(.

I bought a remote of Ebay that says it is simple to install. I cannot install it :D!!
This is the one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140573860473?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As you can see it is a 2 channel jobbo. ( I only need 1 channel). It has a 12v connection and I assume it it a 12v input so I have connected it to 12v car battery. I think that bit is right. The 6 connector block is 2x3 connectors. 3 for each channel i would think.

The 6 connectors are marked in this order from left to right NO2 COM2 NO2 NO1 COM1 NC1. I cannot work out how to connect a 12v light that I can simply switch on and off. It has no programming functions that I can see. It has no Instructions.
On the COM1 it also has printed in small writing M- and on the COM2 an M+.

I have attached 2 pics to help identify and show the item in better detail.

I hope someone can help me out. In anticipation - Thank you - Gerry (Wedgetail);):cool::)

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
COMmon1 is the centre pole of the relay contacts.

NO1 is Normally Open Contact, its NOT in contact with COMmon, it makes contact with COMmon when the relay is energised.

NC1 is Normally Closed Contact, its in contact with the COMmon when the relay is NOT energised.

Repeat for #2 contacts.

OK.?

Attachments

Last edited:

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Thank you for your reply:). I am not really very electronically savvy. However I do understand - and + and not much more. I understand that a relay is a switch and I guess it switches on the positive wire and not the negative.

So, from what you say if I run a positive wire from Com to the 12v globe and then from the other globe terminal back to NO1 it should work. Is that correct?? Please bear with me as I am electronically challenged:confused::D :)

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
hi Eric. I followed the cicuit diagram, but maybe something else is wrong as When I energise the Relay it goes on only whilst the button is pressed. If i let go the light goes off. Hmmm?? Will take some more bigger pics

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Eric. I followed the cicuit diagram, but maybe something else is wrong as When I energise the Relay it goes on only whilst the button is pressed. If i let go the light goes off. Hmmm?? Will take some more bigger pics
hi G,
I think the bad news is that it is NOT a latching relay remote.! only a momentary.

ie: relay only energised while the Fob button is pressed.:(

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
ooops, looks like i bought the wrong ones (2). Time to start again. I need 'Latching Relays' Good learning curve hey. hahahahaha. Thank you very much for your help. You have saved me a lot of time and headaches. Have a really good day and I hope all your Chicken turn into Emus and lay bloody big eggs for your Breakfast. See ya ericgibbs - Gerry