Need help understanding Current Transformer Sensor

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
It sure does! I'm pretty well along the path. My avitar was not too far behind state of the art when I started into electronics
Bill. avatars are small but yours looks like what I knew as a Pan American Clipper. I'm sure it had a more official model designation but that's what I knew it as. It was a four engine turbo-prop with an arched fuselage and tri tail section. It was the first plane I ever flew in. I was traveling from Idlewild to Missouri and was heading for secondary training in Ft. Leonard Wood. That was 1963, when I was young, spry and full of **** an vinegar. Now I spend way too much time having doctors probing me and constantly reminding me that I'm not a kid anymore.... No sh!t. If the young snots didn't constantly remind me of that I'd have never guessed!

Chris

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Nope, not a Pan Am Clipper. Those were sea planes. My avitar is a Locheed Super Constellation that was modified for Navy (WV-2) and Airforce use. TWA flew the civilian version. The hump on top is for the height finder radar and underneath is another radome for the 250 mile search radar. My job was to keep the electronics up and running during the 14+ hour flights from Midway Island to Midway Island. (We flew NNE until we saw the Aleutian Islands on radar, turned around and landed at Midway. That was the Pacific extension of the DEW Line) I got out of the USN in late '64.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
OK, now that I've got my head around what the OP actually inquired about I thought I'd offer up a concept like this. The uC measures the voltage input to the ADC pin and converts it to serial data. Code can be written to provide a direct readout to the serial LCD in Watts, when the supply voltage is a constant. If the OP's uC has another spare ADC input he can change V1 from a constant (in code) to a variable measured at this ADC input.

Note that this is strictly a conceptual circuit with no component values given.

Bill, I searched the Yankee Clipper and like you said it was a sea plane and not what I flew in. Evidently it was the Super Constellation because it resembled this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Constellation

Chris

Attachments

Last edited: