Need help ugently

WTP Pepper

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Any aliens out there with a planet to spare? We all need help urgently.
It actually an easy schematic to break down into simple components, just I don't have the time to do it at the mo and obviously you don't have the time or skill.

It's a legit but quite difficult question.

Give me a few days to look into it after work.

For a start, X is nothing more than a resistance. L is the same. L-X is a tap or potential divider. The same value appears on the top RH loop.

Go soldier, I have interpreted the basics for you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've just set a new personal record - trying to see your schematic attempted to load 65 cookies on my machine. Please attach your figures to your post so that they are on the AAC server instead of expecting us to go someplace that is going to install lots of stuff to track what we do.

You don't say what the problem is. In particular, while you say that the load is removable, you don't indicated that it is movable, meaning that it can be relocated along the top and bottom wires. The only reason I quickly figured out that this was the case is because a very similar (perhaps even identical) problem was posted some time back.

If you've read the sticky before you posted (you know, the one that's titled, "PLEASE READ - Posting Questions in the Homework Help Forum"), then you are already aware that we won't just work your homework for you. You are expected to post your attempt at the solution and describe what is giving you problems. We will then try to steer you in the right direction.

To help you get started, answer the following:

Q1) What is the total resistance of the top wire (which is also the total resistance of the bottom wire). Call this Ro.

Q2) No position the bridging resistor, R, at a distance x from the left end. In terms of Ro, L, and x, what is the resistance from the left end to where the bridging resistor is located? What is the resistance from the bridging resistor to the right end?

Q3) In terms of those resistances, what if V (the voltage across the bridging resistor)?

Answer these questions as best you can, and we will go from there.