need help UCN5804b by using PIC16f877 control

karas66666

Joined Dec 12, 2009
i need to use ucn5804b ic to control my unipolar six wire stepper motor. but i still confuse how to use the pic to control the ucn5804b. anyone can give me some simple code for high-tech C language for PIC to control the ic?? for the protection diode is it necessarily for use?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
The diodes are necessary if you want the UCN5804B to last....... to connect the circuit to a PIC16F877, you only need to provide a step and direction control, unless you want to be able to select the modes via pic then you would need atleast 4 I/O's from the pic to use.

Post the circuit you are using on here, and whatever code you already have......

karas66666

Joined Dec 12, 2009
thanks BMOrse for your reply. for the circuit connection i will following the picture attached. the coding for the attached is only connect the step input. because for what i understand for this ic control is 1 or 0 for control the half-step or full step and the direction rotate. the only thing confuse is the step input. base on the reason i quite newbie on high-tech language, i not really sure the coding below is correct and is that work for it.. hope u can help me to check it out. thank you very much. this problem is around me too long , i really thanksful for your help.

Attachments