Need help to make a 10.2GHz into an 433MHz signal..

FaO88

Joined Feb 12, 2011
Hey! I'm doing a project where I'm using a 10.2GHz signal to "wake up" a RF tranciever from sleep mode.. Now the problem is that my wake-up signal is a 10.2GHz, while the tranciever is at 433MHz..
I've found an active oscillator that could help me, but the problem is the power usage.. 30-50 mA in non-active mode is simply to much... (I've got a rechargable clock-battery that should last atleast 8 hours, pref more..)
So my question to you is; a) Could I use like a 23-24x passive frequenzy divider and, b) if so, how much would it cost, and c) is there any other way to deal with this problem that I haven't thought of yet?

Would love to get some help on this!
Best regards,
Jens K.

FaO88

Joined Feb 12, 2011
Thanks alot! I will read through this thorough after I got some sleep! :D

And I totaly agree, that receiver will indeed become a challenge.. Was thinking about microstrips for a while, until I got the message that the chip is supposed to be about 2.5cm*2.5cm.. (about 1 inch * 1inch..) But that will be a challenge I'll have to handle later on, since it's my bachelor thesis, I guess I'm supposed to do some black magic :p

Thanks again for your help!

FaO88

Joined Feb 12, 2011
Ok, now I've been thinking a bit more about this.. How about I use a microcontroller in the middle, and make the 10.2Ghz signal into a pure DC voltage? Thinking maybe like a capacitor or diode?

( So new idea: Antenna -> (amplifier?) -> DC signal -> tranciecer => wake-up)

You think this could work?