Need Help to identify fuse

pmoodie

Joined Jan 31, 2007
I do not have a photo uploade yet, but I desoldered a burnt fuse from my Zenith Projection TV. It was coated in white, I am assuming a cermaic type material, had the number 6 on one end and rotating it about 45 degrees shows a number 2. The coating came off and the fuse looks like it is spiraled in the center. Any Ideas??? I am a complete beginner.:confused:

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
Look for a paper label somewhere on the inside of the TV. There should be a small one near the fuse with that information. There should also be a larger label with that information inside.

The voltage and rating should have been stamped in the metal of the fuse.
If it's soldered in it's probably not a fuse but a fusable resistor. Is it rectangular cube?

pmoodie

Joined Jan 31, 2007
There is a couple of labels around the board, but the only thing close to this component is the mark R3267. It is cylinder shaped, not rectangular.

pmoodie

Joined Jan 31, 2007
I just contacted Zenith and found part R3267 and it has been discontinued. It was substituted, but then THAT part was also discontinued!! So is my Big Screen trash just because of this tiny little component!?!? Couldn't make out what he called it... sounded like he said either amp resistor or m resistor... somethign along those lines... anyone know a way around this discontinued part? Help!!!

wireaddict

Joined Nov 1, 2006
Could it have been a thermistor? I you want to use a 4.7 ohm, 1 W resistor here, I'd use a wirewound type, I think Mouser probably sells power resistors. If not, Google International Resistor Corporation [IRC].