Need help to identify a component

Molteneng

Joined May 10, 2011
Help identify ceramic disc capacitor Hello,

I have a burned component and urgently need to replace the part to get a power supply module working. Will appreciate anyone who can help me.
CM
.1M
1KV
E

IMG_0412.JPG

It is orange, with 2 leads and is about 10mm diameter round and flat. Can anyone help me identify the trade number or spec so I can order replacement?

You can email to me at <snip>

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Looks like a ceramic disc capacitor. Not sure about value though.

These rarely fail; other things may have caused the failure of this. Replacing this cap is unlikely to fix the underlying cause of its failure.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
It is a .1uF, 1Kv ceramic disc capacitor. I have seen these fail several times before, though it will be a good idea to check other components on the board, as well.
Der Strom

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
CM is the case code for a molded case style. .1M means the ceramic disc capacitor has a value of .1 microfarad. M is the tolerance +/- 20%. The capacitor is rated at 1,000 volts. I believe E is the temperature coefficient of -20 to +100ppm/ Degrees Celcius.

Help identify ceramic disc capacitor Hello,

I have a burned component and urgently need to replace the part to get a power supply module working. Will appreciate anyone who can help me.
CM
.1M
1KV
E

View attachment 30413

It is orange, with 2 leads and is about 10mm diameter round and flat. Can anyone help me identify the trade number or spec so I can order replacement?

You can email to me at <snip>

Thanks,

Sorry for the very late reply, but found myself looking for the same component this week. This is Ceramic Capacitor, 0.1 UF, 1000v DC with 20% tolerence. If it is already burnt, it must be replaced ofcourse, but you still need to figure out the cause or the faulty component that caused it. Because, it likely to hapen again. Here is the manufacturer Part #: 565R10GAP10, and here is the link in case you eant to order it http://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store...3DKNC-Express_Dynamic&CMP=KNC-Express_Dynamic