need help something interesting

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by yourfriendahsan, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. yourfriendahsan

    Thread Starter Member

    Jul 5, 2008
    I have 300WAtt car AMP i am using that amp in my pc to output sound to my two 85watts speakers they sounds really nice, the problem is that i am a bass lover and i cant afford computer woofers but i have one at my home, when i plugg that woofer in my amp it works like a normal speaker so i want to make something that bfilter out the sound to just give bass like any woofer.

    plz post simplest circuit or any help through which i can filter the sound to have bass as output.
  2. Audioguru


    Dec 20, 2007
    Look in Goggle for a Sub-woofer filter circuit or a Sallen and Key lowpass filter circuit.
  3. yourfriendahsan

    Thread Starter Member

    Jul 5, 2008
    I have searched through google but cant find one that is simple.

    plz do me this favour, post the schematic for such type of circuit.
    remember that i have amplifier output i just wana filter the sound to woofer.
  4. mik3

    Senior Member

    Feb 4, 2008
    Check on your amplifier and you may find a switch which selects which frequencies are going to be amplified for som e channels.

    You can built a simple low pass filter by using a capacitor and a resistor or an inductor and a resistor.

    Look this sites:
  5. theamber

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 13, 2008
    You need a "subwoofer crossover network" divide the lower freq. components and send this to the subwoofer.