1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) starting at 9:00 EDT for a number of hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

Need Help Regarding Mux

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by charing, Oct 3, 2007.

1. charing

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Do you know the mastermind game? I need to make that kind of game using multiplexers... it has 4 colors and 4 LEDs per color... please help me...thanks! :)

2. hgmjr

Retired Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    It will be useful to know where you are in your electronics knowledge. Can you to provide a brief description of your level of familiarity with electronics?

Do you have any experience with microcontrollers? This is a perfect application for a micro.

hgmjr

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm not familiar with the mastermind game. Can you post a description?

4. hgmjr

Retired Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
  5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I read the description four times and don't see the connection between the game and multiplexers.

6. hgmjr

Retired Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    I agree with papabravo. The level of complexity associated with the game of mastermind does not lend itself to implementation using a multiplexer.

I think that the use of a microcontroller will yield the greatest likelihood of success. Even then there are considerations on the best way to support the presentation of the 6 different colored game pegs. That is not counting the black and white pegs customarily used to indicate the number of matching pegs in each of the guesses.

hgmjr