NEED HELP PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Electronics_student

Joined Dec 3, 2008
Hi thanks for caring!

I need to design a dual-Rail DC Power Supply for my university work and don't have a clue i tried working it out and surfing the web but no luck.

I have to use 2 diodes, 2 Zener Diodes, 2 Resistors and 2 Capacitors (1micro farad).

Does anyone know? i would appreciate it so much if someone could help!

Thank you so much!!!

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
What do you want to power?
Or is it a power supply project?

You can use a center tapped transformer, rectify its AC output, filter it with a capacitor filter and then use voltage regulators to regulate the output voltage.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You have only two diodes so the transformer must have a center-tap and the diodes are each a half-wave rectifier. Lookup Half-wave rectifier in your textbook or in Google.

The filter capacitors have a very low value but will work if the zener diode current and load currents are low.

The resistors feed the zener diodes. Lookup Zener Diode in your textbook or in Google.

Electronics_student

Joined Dec 3, 2008
Hi thanks for the quick response. The power supply is just a project i don't actually have to power anything up. Also correct about using the center tapped transformer. I have a more than basic understanding of electronics but im struggling to picture it.
So just wanted to know where i could see a circuit diagram of this??????????????

Still finding it really hard????????????? Any idea where i could see this????????

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
It is an extremely simple circuit, what is your difficulty?
Did you lookup half-wave rectifier?
Did you lookup zener diode?
Please draw the circuit.