Need help on RC Snubber design

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Guys, the batteries are an alternate 36 volts source for the h bridhge and microcontroller. Please check my chematic on the first page.
What is the status with decoupling caps added to the IC power lines?

With your scope, set it to AC coupled, and 1mV/div, disable noise rejection, and any bandwidth limits, then simply watch the power line leading to the PIC. It should stay essentially flat.

aussa

Joined Apr 27, 2009
I am sorry guys you are right its a mistake in the drawing but the actual PCB is correct. The connection to the H bridge is at the node between the 4 diodes.

Regarding my controller, the circuit is working fine now, I added 0.1uF accross the micro Controller power pins, added 1,000uF before and after each voltage regulator and paralleled with each electrolytic Cap a 0.1uF Cap. And finally I added RCD snubber accross each limit switch. I tested the motor forward and backward for more than 15 times and with mechanical loads and I didnt face any retriggering issues.

Please find attached the ghraphical analysis on SPice FYI. I am using a polarized RCD Snubber The diode a fast Soft Recovery diode (huge difference in graph between stability of 1N4007 and Schottky) in parallel with 100OHM 0.25Watt and both in series with 1,000uF cap.

Attachments