need help on my final year project!!!( manual carrier robot)

azasleeping

Joined Aug 15, 2009
i am going to build a joystick bluetooth wireless remote control robot , the robot must able to carry another traveller robot(not my work) and walk passing a slope. when passing a slope, the carrier robot must able to adjust the shoulder pole itself automatically so that the traveller robot in the middle will not be dropped to the ground, its whole system is actually a kago. hence my carrier robot might has a long body,the robot head will carry the shoulder pole in front of the kago, the robot tail will carry shoulder pole in the rear, and the traveller robot will ride on the kago.
i am actualy a beginner robot builder, as far as i know only what PIC is going to be used, that is 16f877a.
where and how can i get the full circuit diagram for this carrier robot? my supervisor hurrying me to simulate the circuit out, but now i not even know how my circuit look like:( ..what another thing i need?..since it is wireless system, isn't it i need to use 2 PIC? one for handling the wireless system, another to control the servo motor? and actualy how many circuits are going to be designed?:confused:
since this is my first build robot, i am realy don know anything:(...can anyone help me and give me ur precios idea and information?

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
You need 2 Pic's.. One for the transmitter and one for the robot. Since you are using bluetooth, it requires the knowledge of its protocols to make this thing. You can find circuit for robots online, but for this specific application, you will have to design it yourself. To design a circuit for a PIC is very easy, but to program it is very difficult. First find out things like how many motors you need to run, wireless modules to be used. This will help you decide how many ports you will need and which microcontroller to choose. Mostly you will be able to integrate the bluetooth function and motor controls if your PIC has SPI control. A uC with SPI is needed to use bluetooth modules.

azasleeping

Joined Aug 15, 2009
thank you for your information...but the problem is i dunno design my circuit:(..i need two pic..it means i only need design 2 circuit for 2 pic rite?

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
If you google for a few pic projects and download your pic's datsheet, you will be able to wire one yourself. And yes you will need to design two pic ckts. Dont worry, they are simple to design. Only you will need to figure out how to do the programming. Do you know abt microcontrollers and their basics like ports?

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
It doesn't sound as though you are going about this in a very organized fashion. I could be wrong and I don't mean to offend at all. I think your project sounds extremely interesting and challenging.

I would suggest you sit down and really hammer out the requirements of this robot. Make an extensive list of challenges you face. If you design this guy without keeping in mind its specific purposes you will end up wasting an enormous amount of time on stuff you probably don't need.

Assume nothing about how other people think a robot should work. This is your creation, put yourself into it. Start jotting down ideas to solve problems. Any and all ideas. Even if they are low tech or not the typical solutions.

Once you have a sizeable list to choose from, start honing it down, selecting the most efficient ideas as you go. Once you have narrowed things down you will start to see what is required of the electrical and electronics side of things.

As I said, I don't mean to offend and perhaps you have not shared all that you have accomplished thus far. But we have a saying about putting the cart before the horse. What I mean is it sounds as though you are getting ahead of yourself. It just doesn't sound like you are really prepared to be considering the specific electronics requirments.

Best Regards

azasleeping

Joined Aug 15, 2009
i studied about PIC16F877A before as it was my school work, just follow the manual and instruction from school book and do the things but not realy understand how it realy functioning :confused: ...
for the PIC to control the motor, izzit i can use H-bridge circuit on it?