need help on auto continous auto reverse with delay on each end of a dc motor without arduino

avinash khetmali

Joined Jun 23, 2015
hi , every one out there,
i ve a self made loco motive model which i want to run along the tracks has 12v dc motor and battery inside, limit switches , reed switches can be installed on each end or inside the loco which will be triggered at the end with a stationery pin. dpdt relay suffice the purpose but there is no delay between reversals .please suggest the remedy or circuit, tried the suggestion of other member with 2 555ics in bistable config ,2 limit switches and 2 spdt relays but it isnt helping , since at every cycle it has to power on and power off. please suggest

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The limit switch should be able to turn the relevant relay off and also a contact disable the reverse direction relay for the required period by using a 555 on-delay timer which will hold off the reverse direction for the required delay time.
Max.

avinash khetmali

Joined Jun 23, 2015
The limit switch should be able to turn the relevant relay off and also a contact disable the reverse direction relay for the required period by using a 555 on-delay timer which will hold off the reverse direction for the required delay time.
Max.
thank you sir for the promptness, could you please draw a circuit diagram? i will be thankful to you.
however, i have used dpdt relay with 2nos limit switches on both end 1 N/O and 2nd N/C, the wiring is done in DOL starter fashion .
bot the issue is time delay in changing the polarity. as soon as it its the limit switch moor jerks and changes the direction, and same happens on the other end too. means there is no smoothness in transition from one direction to other. hope i have described it properly,
your early reply on subject is highly appreciable.
thanks again
regards

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I'm going out on a limb. This is a mental circuit that I played with years ago. I have not wired it up, but i think it will do what you wanted. There is a timed regenerative braking at each end.

Ken
MotorReverserWigWagStopBraking.gif

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Relay 4 was a relay with high current contacts for the motor. Relay 3 was to have a high resistance coil to slow the charge time of the delay/braking.

Ken

avinash khetmali

Joined Jun 23, 2015
yes this is the set up i ve, the limit switch 1 which is N/O energizes the relay and is hold by one of auxilary contacts of relay and the limit switch 2 which is N/C breaks the circut thus de energize the relay. the dc supply is in cross on relay terminals which reverses the polarity.
regards