need help in connecting single phase motor

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Insufficient details!!
3ph or 1ph motor, either way, not enough conductors for even 1ph start capacitor?
Suggest you open the terminal cover on the motor to check for possible connection diagram.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
BTW, a closer look appears to be a capacitor already attached to the motor, may be just as simple as applying power to the two conductors?
The centre pic appear to be a manual starter? if so you do not need the contactor?
Max.

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
Insufficient details!!
3ph or 1ph motor, either way, not enough conductors for even 1ph start capacitor?
Suggest you open the terminal cover on the motor to check for possible connection diagram.
Max.
What leads you to believe that these components work to together?
it was in that motor pack.....

1.induction motor 1ph
2.mini.starter
3.capacitor

motor has 2 red wires coming out

when i opened mini starter it has 6 terminals

three on top
and three on bottom.....

i found a way to connect it ...mini starter 3 terminals for 3 phase motor

but 2 terminals can be used for single phase motors...

with lot of searches i found only one component connection...

connections both for 3 phase and single phase motor

Pic.box in middle my mini starter with 3 terminals ,one open for single phase motor

i think this mini starter is a relay....don't know purpose here....

but what to do with capacitor ??

how to connect it or where to connect...motor has a capacitor already....then what is for extra capacitor???

can induction motor can be started without mini starter and capacitor???

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
With a 1ph split phase induction motor, normally all you need do is apply power to the two wires, yours already has a capacitor so where did the other one come from?
There is usually a diagram in the terminal cover of the motor.
It appears you have a manual P.B. starter there with overload, if so you should not need the contactor.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Oops.. thought there were two units there, just use the manual P.B. starter to interrupt the supply power as per the lower dwg..
Max.

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
With a 1ph split phase induction motor, normally all you need do is apply power to the two wires, yours already has a capacitor so where did the other one come from?
There is usually a diagram in the terminal cover of the motor.
It appears you have a manual P.B. starter there with overload, if so you should not need the contactor.
Max.

all these were supplied with the motor....ie, why i have confusion....why need extra capcitor...is it any protection for relay in mini starter or for motor????

what is contactor u mentioned in reply???

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Ignore the contactor reference, I thought there were two units, it looks like you have a manual starter, P.B.'s built in.
If this is so, all you need is to feed power in to two terminals and out the bottom opposite two to the two motor leads.
If you want to reverse the motor you need to check the terminal cover for diagram, if the motor is set up for reverse capability.
I am not sure why you would be supplied with a separate capacitor, by the look of the motor it has been in a run condition with the existing cap?
The cap resembles one used in power factor correction, this is what the supplier may have intended?
Also I don't see a μf value on it?
Max.