need help in 12 hour format digital clock

luckyveloso

Joined Jan 21, 2010
badly need help in analyzing or implementing the circuit diagram of the hour part in 12 hour format clock using 74ls192 or 74ls90...tnx

luckyveloso

Joined Jan 21, 2010
the seconds and minute part goes well, it counts from 0 - 59...the only problem is the hour, coz it dont start at 01...instead it start from 00 then ended at 12, then back to 00...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It's all on the data sheet. Every logic IC has one. It explains all the dunctions and how to make use of them. Google using "74ls192" as the search term.

sgardner025

Joined Nov 5, 2009
With the 192 you could tie P0 high and P1-P3 low on the 1's place hour counter and tie P0-P4 low on the 10's place hour counter. Then you could use some decoding to take the PL inputs low during the next low to high clock transition on the 1's place hour counter.

luckyveloso

Joined Jan 21, 2010
With the 192 you could tie P0 high and P1-P3 low on the 1's place hour counter and tie P0-P4 low on the 10's place hour counter. Then you could use some decoding to take the PL inputs low during the next low to high clock transition on the 1's place hour counter.

can you you show me the diagram or how you decode the PL inputs? i've been working this one for already a one week now and still i couldn't figure it out...pleaseee...thanks...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Use the LOAD as a reset, and the counter will go where you want. You might also take a look at the 4029, a very similar device. Pinouts are different, but it does exactly the same job.

Attachments

sgardner025

Joined Nov 5, 2009
can you you show me the diagram or how you decode the PL inputs? i've been working this one for already a one week now and still i couldn't figure it out...pleaseee...thanks...
The PL inputs of the 74192 are active low so you need to take them from high to low whenever you want to load the counter. I attached an example where a binary 1 would give a low output. The msb would be at the top on the nor. You can use this method to decode the outputs of the counters. You just have to make it so that only the desired inputs give the output that you need.

Attachments