need help identifying this piece of equipment ismeca no 58

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
i picked up this piece of equipment today. its marked is meca ismeca no 58 BEVAVI 2 on back label . i google al the info on it and got nothing. any info would be great. got with a bunch of ham radio and robotics equipment. i paid 11 dollars for it. if anyone also knows a value. thanks

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is a general purpose box with DIN compatible plug in modules. It could be anything involving some kind of factory automation with one lighted pushbutton (??) and three pots. Take it apart and show us the boards on the plug-in modules.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
To me it looks like a custom made controller in a NIM crate made by ISMECA Europe Semiconductor SA, a Cohu company.
https://www.cohu.com/

Here is their address.

Rue de l'Helvétie 283
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Telephone: +41 32 552 40 00
Fax: +41 32 442 40 98

Open it and show us what is inside.

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
so i semi took it apart. its tight and won't separate unless i detach a bunch more. i found that this company makes a mp200 automatic tape and reel. maybe it went to that. i appreciate any help and the help that was already given much appreciated. im new to this stuff and just starting to get my hand dirty with it. I fell in love with the quality of old electronics.

Attachments

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
i also pulled the back off buts its super tight with wires. i think i could split the middle section. i see screws down in the middle for that middle section.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am going to assume that the control board is plugged into a socket on the back panel. Undo the screws and pull hard on the bottom handle. The card should slide right out.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
So it is a power supply and a board with three pots and some MSI chips. Can you tell us what any of the chip part numbers are?

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
here are some more pics. my camera on my phone is so scratched it doesn't always focus right, these should be better. smart phones and tool pouches are not the best combo. you guys are awesome with all this info. thank you

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Ok, thanks.
There is nothing exotic there on the board as far as I can see.
I would say that it is a 3-channel PWM output driver for some kind of control.
The only thing worth saving is the crate and the power supply.

incredible26069

Joined May 8, 2021
ok thanks for all the great info, glad i finally made a account here. this place is awesome and got so much cool things and information!!!!
THANKS
TIM