need help identifying IC

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by yourfriendahsan, Jul 18, 2008.

  1. yourfriendahsan

    Thread Starter Member

    Jul 5, 2008
    I have creative t6060 speakers system, there is no output in center speaker and subwoofer so i opened and found one bursted IC. I have posted its pic someone plz help me in identifying.

    sorry for bad english
    thanks in advance
  2. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
    Best as I can make out, the part number is 533006 or perhaps 530006 or maybe 538006.

    I tried searching for all of them on my typical datasheet haunts, but no luck. These are probably Creative-specific part numbers, and you will need to contact the manufacturer to get a replacement part.

    It might be cheaper to throw your system away, and buy a new one. Certainly would be faster.
  3. theamber

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 13, 2008
    Something else has caused that IC to blow up like that, replacing it may no fix the problem.
    You have what is called a "house number" IC they are replaceable however the cross-reference number you will need to get it from the manufacturer and is pretty hard to get.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  4. mozikluv

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jan 22, 2004
    i had a friend who was in that same situation. he didn't have the budget to buy a new unit. but he had plenty of time to spare, so what he did was identify all the traces that leads to the ic so he was able to id all the pin function. he narrowed his search for an 18w ic and guess what happened.:)
    some may call it a waste of time, but becoz of his persistence he was able to achieve his goal. costwise it's P60 against P2000:).

  5. yourfriendahsan

    Thread Starter Member

    Jul 5, 2008
    is there any other solution?

    i cant afford a new system so i have to repair mine.
  6. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
    It seems to be some kind of a power amplifier.

    Mozikluv suggested a good path for you to follow.

    If you can identify all of the traces leading up to the IC, and all traces leading away from it, I would bet that you could come up with a set of requirements for an amplifier, and find one that you could use as a substitute.

    It will require careful searching and documentation on your part. As of this moment, we have no idea what the rest of your circuit might look like - except that there were some speakers connected to your device somehow.
  7. Cornelius


    Mar 17, 2008
    There is a chance that there are 2 more ic's there that are alike; left/right front and left/right rear... Take a look at them and see if the numbers apparently are the same.

    It would make finding a replacement easier with a complete partnumber... ;)
  8. cumesoftware

    Senior Member

    Apr 27, 2007
    Looks like an amp. Those chips that are vertically soldered on one side are quite rare, so, it may be a difficult task to identify it. And loosing the initial letters makes the problem even harder to solve, since the final numbers are more expendable for a correct identification. The initial letters are really a must.
  9. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
    Hmm - might've found something :)

    Take a look at this:
    It's describing a series of audio power amplifiers in the STK series.
    There are many pin configurations in this series.

    However, look on page 8 right near the bottom. It's showing a series of amplifiers with a 15-pin configuration (which I believe the victim was; hard to tell from the remains.)

    It covers these part numbers:
    STK4024II-STK4044II (20W-100W)
    STK4024V--STK4044V (20-100W)
    STK4028X--STK4044X (30-100W)
    STK4036XI-STK4044XI (50W-100W)
    So, it's up to the O.P. to really go through his system board and at least find out if power, ground, and input/output signal paths are matching up.

    What lead me to that series was a search on 4132L on - didn't have that exact number, but 4132 came up, and also a somewhat obscure reference to this series of audio amp specifications.

    After more looking around in the datasheet, these are the only part outlines that have 15 pins (all pin spacing 2.54mm):
    4032a - 59.1mm long, 8.5mm deep
    4033 - 59.2mm long, 8.5mm deep
    4062 - 64mm long, 8.5mm deep
    4075 - 64mm long, 8.5mm deep
    4147 - 53mm long, 9mm deep

    Some type (part) numbers that use those part outlines:
    STK4352 - 7W+7W 1% THD 2ch
    STK4432 - 25W+25W 1% THD 2ch

    Single channel:
    STK350-000 - 40-60W 0.005% THD 1ch
    STK4036II - 50W 0.4% THD 1ch
    STK4036V - 50W 0.08% THD 1ch
    STK4036X - 50W 0.008% THD 1ch
    STK4036XI - 50W 0.008% THD 1ch

    But, I don't know if they were running two speakers in series/parallel, or were using two separate outputs.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  10. Gadget

    Distinguished Member

    Jan 10, 2006
    I counted 14 pins, and it looks way to small to be and STK series chip. From the speaker specs (on the web) looks like its around 20 Wrms, not sure whether its single ended or Bridged..(I would guess the latter).
    My 10c worth would be to suggest it's probably an HA or TDA style stereo amp chip designed for Car Stereo use.
  11. yourfriendahsan

    Thread Starter Member

    Jul 5, 2008
    thx for the reply SgtWookie

    actually, there are two seperate outputs for center and subwoofer

    you will have the idea when you will see the correct picture of creative t6060 subwoofer box which have an amplifier fitted in it.