Need help! How do you wire a fault indicator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent W

Joined Feb 23, 2014
Currently wiring a custom Electric cooling fans for my Truck. I have the Relay's override and Operation lights figured out. My problem is I want to have two LED's that will indicate if the fan is bad. I have LED's indicating if the fan's have power but that only indicates if the relay's/thermostats are functioning. Ive messed around with some diodes but cant figure out how to make it work. Ive exhausted my knowledge of electrical at this point and ran into a dead end. Ive attached a one-line drawing i did in paint. I have basic electronics knowledge as in diodes resistors etc what they do and what the symbol looks like on a one line but much past that i'm at a loss. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Oh and as always if you have any tips or advice on the way I have my relay's or wiring let me know. Currently I have it set up to have low speed run the fans in series (6v-10v) and on high speed (12v-14.5v) with an override switch as a safety to manually bypass the entire system in case of relay or thermostat failure.

Oh BTW the fans are 15amp fans (40amp relays FYI)

Attachments

Trent W

Joined Feb 23, 2014
Let me clarify I NEED HELP with a LOAD FAULT INDICATOR! I do not need help modifying a vehicle or rebuilding an internal combustion engine. I included the application of this to give more information on it. If your going to be picky ignore what the application is. This could be used from UPS's, VFDs, Air handlers, Computers and many others. In my case the application is irrelevant. I need basic circuit and electronics help with I'm thinking some diodes and maybe a few resistors? So I'm in the exact place i need to be. I came here for help not to be givin the run around because of unrelated things. If i wanted that i could go talk to my cell phone company

If it is a big deal i can re post another thread that's worded different or leaves out the application.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Please do not bother to reword the question. It will not fly under the radar.

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.