Need help for Treadmill repair, display console works but motor doesn't run. Issue possibly with JF150 120528 control board.

Saad20114

Joined Mar 23, 2020
Hi everyone I hope you are doing well. My treadmill (model: 2428-V3-SP, Serial: DT2014030001805) is not working, displaying "E2”. Display console powers up & works without any issues. When I start treadmill, after 5 seconds countdown relay clicks but there's no output voltage to the motor (when motor is connected, so voltage could be there but when load is connected it doesn’t rise above zero volts). I believe issue is with motor control board (JF150 120528) but I’m not 100% sure. However, I don't want to replace whole motor control board (quite expensive), instead I want to try repairing motor control board. I do not have its schematic or manual of the treadmill & I’m not able to find either of them online as well. Therefore, I attached all pictures that may help you. As I can attach only 10 pictures here, I have provided link with all pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-QFtKzJJsQHvWbiB7FVVfRHNaxiaECqo

I did quite a bit of desoldering and took out relay, safety capacitors (275VAC 0.1uF), IGBT (GW19NC60HD), 470v 470uF big capacitor & one resistor (47k ohm, that looked burned but it wasn’t, discoloration was caused by the glue over it, resistor worked fine). I didn’t test transformer as I’m not sure how to.

One weird thing to me about IGBT (GW19NC60HD) was that its 1st and 3rd pins (I think emitter & collector) are connected together with each other and that’s on the PCB, so even if I remove IGBT out of the PCB, those two pin are shorted together on PCB itself, but then I read about it somewhere online that’s it’s just one way of using that IGBT. I did test connecting DMM on diode mode with Emitter & Gate of IGBT, it gives value of around 0.4v (or gives O.L & then I have to reverse polarity on DMM and then it show voltage drop) and same was the case when I connected it to Gate & Collector.

Now for MUR1660CT Rectifier, I tested it using DMM on diode mode and it gives value of around 0.38V (or gives O.L & then I have to reverse polarity on DMM and then it shows voltage drop).
Final thing, when I removed the big capacitor (450v 470uF), and connected the board back with treadmill, no changes were shown, again 5 seconds countdown & displays “E2”. I could only test this capacitor using resistance mode on DMM, resistance increases until infinite. I also tried charging it with 6v set on digital PSU, it indeed charged up to 6v, however, that doesn’t tell whether it still has same capacity or not (cap is good or not), it just tells it charges up.

So, is it possible that just 450v 470uF big cap is the issue or the transformer that I didn’t test? Or ultimately issue is not with the motor control board? (I’m confident issue is with motor control board though).

Parts/Components I tested: Fuses, Wiring, Motor (CARDIO V3, 2014031658, 180V, 6.4A, 4800 RPM), Speed Sensor, Safety key, Relay, IGBT (GW19NC60HD), Full Bridge Rectifier (KBJ510), MUR1660CT Rectifier, Circuit Breaker. Component I’m not 100% sure (that they are good) about: 450v 470uF big Capacitor & may be (doubt is quite low here) IGBT & Rectifier.

Replacement JF150 120528 Control Board if I’m not able to repair: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVmN55O
FBR, IGBT, Rectifier.jpgIGBT.jpgJF150 120528.jpgMotor Control Board.jpgProcessor_Microcontroller.jpgRectifier.jpgTreadmill model, serial number.jpgTreadmill motor specs.jpgFBR, IGBT, Rectifier.jpgIGBT.jpgJF150 120528.jpgMotor Control Board.jpgProcessor_Microcontroller.jpgRectifier.jpgTreadmill model, serial number.jpgTreadmill motor specs.jpg

Attachments