1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) starting at 9:00 EDT for a number of hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

Need help for Square Signal Comparator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Mr.Dido, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Mr.Dido

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Dear all,

Hi. i have small problem. i have a switch give me output as square signal 2.7 V(p-p) when its OFF. when its ON give square signal 3.9 v(p-p). My request is to discard the small signal 2.7 V(p-p) from comparator output by using DC voltage references.

please for all who can help me, send a circuit design.

regards

2. studiot

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 9, 2007
    About your simplest solution would be a 3v6 zener in series with the switch output.

3. hgmjr

Retired Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    Let me see if I understand your question.

You want to monitor a signal controlled by a switch. When the switch is OFF the signal you want to monitor is 2.7v p-p. When the switch is ON the same signal changes to 3.6v p-p.

Does the 2.7V p-p signal swing between 0V and 2.7V? If not, what two voltages does it swing between? The same information on the 3.6V p-p signal would be inportant to know. Also are both signals the same frequency?

It is unclear from you description whether you want to block the 2.7V p-p signal and pass the 3.6V p-p only or just generate a logic signal that indicates that the signal is 2.7V p-p with a low and then 3.6V p-p with a high.

hgmjr

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    A voltage comparator might do. Put a voltage above 2.7 on one terminal, and the output won't change until the higher 3.6 volt signal is present.

5. Mr.Dido

Nov 18, 2007
    Dear

the both signal swing between Vp-p to zero and frequency of them not equal as i remember and all what i want "block the 2.7V p-p signal and pass the 3.6V p-p only" by using DC voltage referance

regards

6. Mr.Dido

Nov 18, 2007
    Dear

thnx for ur information

regards

7. Mr.Dido

Nov 18, 2007
    Dear

thnx for ur information