need help for Relay circuit

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I'm just throwing this out there. Since nobody has posted a schematic, I'm throwing one out to see if it can be tweaked. This is a 1-of-4 "radio button" selector using 4 relays. If they are latching, then they retain their state after power is removed. If the left button had a second set of contacts that applied power as well as activating the coil on the first relay, pressing it would reset to the first relay. But I don't see an obvious solution for toggling to the next relay on power-up (trigger).

Ken
Circuit is fine, but actually what's the point in doing all that. Very limited usage the way I see it.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The problem im having, is we have to design it with 1 button switching.

Originally I was thinking of just pulsing the relays (latched) for the change between them. Then if 2 was latched, and the power returned, pulse it to change to OFF and pulse relay 3 to turn it on.

The same circuit used on 3 to 4 then 4 to 1.

Reseting them the is the kicker, because I need logic for Relay 2 to say pulse me off and relay 1 on
and the same for 3 and 4.

Now, where do you get power to do that?

The circuit only has power during the "go to next selection" phase.

So maybe a switch that would change the "go to next selection" power to the "reset" circuit would work, but then I would have to sense the power on the load side of the relay to find out which one was "ON"

If you have NO load connected, I cannot figure a way to do this with ONLY a pulse.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have been thinking about that too. If power is cuttoff the latched relay will turn off, and the circuit will reset.
I don't think this is as easy as we think.
Isn't the OP pulling our legs.
I think we should ask him for more details.