Need help for project

nuraqilah3

Joined Jan 27, 2014
Hi there,

I am currently creating a circuit that detects in-wall wiring. My idea was to use radar to send impulse signal to detect the existence of a wire.

This may sound stupid. I don't if it will work or not. I have been reading stuffs about penetrating radar. The frequencies that they use are high and the circuit are quite complicated. Furthermore, the circuit use is used to detect an object through the wall. My attention is only to penetrate partially in the wall just to detect a wires that is buried under the wall. As you know electrical wires are buried inside a cemented wall.

Could anyone suggest any circuit that I could use for this project? And what frequencies to used to penetrate partially into the wall. :confused:

I am a bit at lost here. Really need some help. :D:D

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is a lot easier if there is power in the cable, the detectors that are out there use non-invasive simple low freq detection and amplification of the 50/60hz.
Or are these cables that currently do not have power applied and you want to detect them, or use a signal injected into them for detection purposes?
Max.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
MaxHeadRoom's suggestions work quite well. I use a R-S audio amplifier [ with an added emitter follower stage to raise input Z ] to trace out burried telephone lines with an injected 1 k HZ signal or for locating dead Christmas tree light in old series strings, or in waving Am Flag with some 150 lights that was powererup in 2004. Have only changed about 15 bulbs since.