Need Help for PCB design

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
it looks very neat to my eye. you shouldn't have any problem copying that over to PCB. What exactly is it you need help with...?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Yes, what is wrong with the way you have it?

Comformal Coating and your ready to go.

I would bag or box it to keep it from being shorted out.

Also, since this appears to be single sided.

The guy that posted this on the linked site has also posted a schematic.

You can put that into Eagles free edition and it will make a pcb layout for you..ish

A little moving around to match the layout to the proto-board layout that you have a photo of, and the trace routing should be pretty close.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
That proto board looks excellent!

If you need to make a PCB, you can make those same traces in a PCB CAD program (see electronics links thread). Then use the toner transfer method.

Option two would be freehanding the tracks on with a sharpie.

After either step, etch, drill, add components and you are done! The hardest/tedious "stage" of making a PCB is the drilling.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I do that with ExpressPCB. Make the schematic. Then do the PCB layout with 0.1" grid components (some custom made). I use solder-pad perf board and hand wire where the traces would be. I use mostly stripped wire-wrap wire. If it was a two-sided layout, I use bare wire for traces that would be on the Bottom (solder) side and insulated for traces that would be on the Top (component) side.

Ken