Need help finding this capacitor.

graystranger

Joined Mar 28, 2013
Sorry if I placed this thread in the wrong area. I'm new to this forum and I need help finding this and didn't know where else to turn.

Basically, I have a Porter Cable pancake compressor that has stopped working. I'm pretty sure this starter motor capacitor needs to be replaced, however, I can't find a replacement part anywhere online. Can anyone recommend an alternative? Or point me to where I can find a replacement? The photo is fuzzy because my camera stinks, so here's the info on the sticker retyped:

CAMBRIDGE CAPACITORS
M25FR33 25UF 330VAC
-40/70 (degrees) C
+10%-10% 50/60hz
976B399AVP4
NX1FF 2801

(logo) us FILE NO E128031
C22.2 NO 190
1.02 VA? 1 PHASE

Just so ya know: the text "degrees" and "logo" isn't actually there. I just put that there to indicate that there is a degreees sign and a logo there, spectfully. Also, the "1.02 VA?" has a question mark because part of the lettering there has rubbed off, and I'm not sure if thats a "B", an "R", or another letter "A".

Can anyone help?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Visit an appliances parts store, (washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators) with the capacitor on hand as sample.
They should stock an equivalent.

graystranger

Joined Mar 28, 2013
Well I went to Grainger Industrial Supply already, and their people just kinda looked at it and went "duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno".

Can you recommend any better places?

graystranger

Joined Mar 28, 2013
well, there's one there at grainger that might be a match, BUT, mine has 3 wires coming out of it, not two, and there's a neighboring capacitor. One is for the start, and one is for the run on the motor, but I'm not sure which is which. Anyhow,I think this is setup in series with the neighboring capacitor. That would explain the third wire. So I gotta make sure I find one that can be setup in series. Looks like grainger doesn't have one.