Need help finding capacitor

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by abicash, Dec 21, 2012.

  1. abicash

    Thread Starter New Member

    Oct 18, 2007
    I am repairing a psu, and there is a capacitor in the output stage which I am trying to find.
    Written over it is
    IC 3.3K1000MWR
    Googling,i found its from Illinois capacitors.but I am not able to find similar part no in their list.
    Can someone explain what the nomenclature means and which is the exact part no?
    Any help appreciated.
  2. Ron H

    AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 14, 2005
    Well, it appears to be metallized polyester film, but the part number and geometry seem to imply that it may be a custom part. I would guess it is rated for 1000V, but the capacitance must be more than 3.3nF.
    Are you sure it's dead?
  3. JDT

    Well-Known Member

    Feb 12, 2009
    It's 3.3 something, probably rated at 1000V.

    The "K" could be the tolerance of the value. K = 10%.

    Or the K could be 1000's picofarads but as someone said above, 3300pf or 3.3nF seems a bit low for it's size.

    Could be 3.3μF 1000V. The "MWR" will probably the manufacturers product range.