Need help finding better transistor

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
That's an RF transistor, so it's apparently in an RF circuit. It's unlikely that a transistor with a high gain will have a significant effect on the circuit operation. But if you post a schematic of the circuit, someone may have a suggestion to help you.

Synaps3

Joined Jun 5, 2013
It is in an RF transmitter and I am trying to increase the power output. Why would having more gain not have any effect on the circuit? Will the circuit not draw any more amps no matter what transistor I put in? I tried putting more voltage into the circuit, but once I got past about 9v, it stopped drawing more current (I think that's just because of the voltage regulator). It wouldn't draw any more than 0.17A. I'm looking to make it draw maybe 2 3x as much. I've checked almost all the components on the board and they are way overrated so I know I can put more power in without damaging other components. That's all I know. I'm new to this.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I'm new to this.
Like the Man said

Post the circuit and then we can help you.

However that help may not be what you expect.

If you fit a larger 3/4"(bath) tap to your basin, you won't fill it any quicker because the feed pipe is still 1/2".
It may well be the same for your circuit.