Need help!!! designing a circuit to split water(specs included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxerds

Joined Sep 4, 2012
Hello, Everybody I’m new to this forum and I need help designing a circuit. Basically, i need a circuit with these specs:
1. It's going to be powered by 12-14.4VDC (car battery)
2. I want the output to be 2000-4000VAC @ 10-150 kHz (adjustable or specifically 14,372 Hz or 43,430 Hz
3. I want it be about 12-48 watts output
4. If possible I’d like it to be adjustable duty cycle
This circuit is for experimental purposes so any help would be appreciated. I’m open to any circuit deigns.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Why do you need such a high voltage? A decent audio amp could get you to the lower frequency range, up to 40K maybe, but not anywhere near that much voltage.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Why do you need such a high voltage? A decent audio amp could get you to the lower frequency range, up to 40K maybe, but not anywhere near that much voltage.
43kHz@4000Vac requires a peak voltage of about 5600V, and a slew rate of about 1.5V/nanosecond. That combination might be possible, but I don't think you'll find out how to do it here.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Water and high voltages truly are a bad idea together. This is a safety concern, and bumps right into our Terms of Service . This also looks like a possible HHO circuit, which is actively not supported here on AAC, but the safety issue alone is enough.

To electrolyze water, Current is the main ingredient. Pure water is non-conductive, but the addition of a electrolyte will correct this. Potassium Hydroxide is the normal electrolyte used, it isn't as likely to eat the pipes and fixtures. Most tap water is definitely not pure, but if it has chlorine expect a reaction on metals similar to hydrochloric acid.

If you want to restart a thread concerning electrolysis in general you may do so, with two provisions. The moment HHO or overunity is discussed the subject is permanently closed, and the circuit must be safe. Safe in this context means no voltages greater than 50 volts, and it is still possible to shock someone with this voltage, so be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.