Need help building a wireless servo.

xTHExxFALLENx

Joined Aug 21, 2013
Hey guys! I have an invention in mind that involves a servo that needs operate wirelessly. I would like to know if any of you guys can give me detailed schematics on what to buy and how to correctly place the components.

P.S: The simpler the better. Thanks in advance guys:D!!!

Hey guys! I have an invention in mind that involves a servo that needs operate wirelessly. I would like to know if any of you guys can give me detailed schematics on what to buy and how to correctly place the components.

P.S: The simpler the better. Thanks in advance guys:D!!!
You're going to have to describe in detail your invention, also we're not a design service.

PS secret idea inventions never get anywhere on the forums.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
You do NOT need to describe your invention at all.. But you should go into more detail about how the wireless servo portion of it is intended to function. You can/should leave out any proprietary information about this invention.

xTHExxFALLENx

Joined Aug 21, 2013
IR would be great, because I only have to be a few feet from the device to have it work properly. Sorry if I sound like a noob I have absolutely no knowledge in anything tech lol.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Forget ir, xbee, etc. We aren't there yet. What do you need, what do you need it to do? Do you need the servo to go through a preprogrammed routine ( ex. Accelerate from zero to 500rpm, maintain500 rpm for 5 seconds, decelerate to 350 rpm and maintain that for ten seconds, reverse direction and accelerate to 2000 rpm and stop back at home position and wait) when it is sent a simple high/ low signal? Do you need to to advance at a ramping acceleration as long as a high/low signal is maintained? Do you need it to maintain position from instructions sent to it wirelessly from a smart sensor? Do you need it to respond to commands from an app on your iPhone? THIS is the kind of information we need to help you, and if you insist on being all cloak and dagger about it then **** off, and figure it out yourself. Nobody has the patience to offer free help to someone who won't be a team player.

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
If you just need to controll the servo wirelessly with IR in REAL TIME then you can just use a slightly stronger IR LED and an IR reciever module , like the ones that are used in TVs , stereos etc : http://www.gme.cz/tsop31236-p520-055 that part .
You will need a 38khz carrier and a ~950 nm IR LED . You modulate the carrier with PWM and voila . When I say modulate , I mean turn it fully on and fully off with the PWM outline . The module connects to ground and 5v . It will demodulate the 28khz carrier and give you a clean pwm output which (i'm not sure ) but I think you can feed it straight into the servo.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
P.s. I'm not picking on you, it's just a sore spot for me because I am currently involved in a wireless servo project myself. My customer did not give me a clear description of what they actually wanted. From their original description it was made to sound very simple, 3 preprogrammed sequences, activated by 3 digital inputs, wirelessly. So I purchased a programmable servo controller and a simple 433mhz wireless relay board with fob to interface with it. Then after I got it working they wanted this and that and the other, they stacked so many requests onto it that the relay was no longer feasible, nor was the programmable controller capable. So I ended up back at square one. I had to do all the logic in a PLC and transmit ASCII instructions to the controller using wireless rs485. I'm still not done, it is waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I just saw your post #3. Did you follow the link on the video? They show you EXACTLY how to build it, with parts list, schematic, and very detailed explanation of everything. Is there something more you want than what's shown in the video?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yeah it's good but it uses the xbee, I need something that isn't proprietary/copy righted.
Any way you go, you're going to be using stuff that is proprietary/ copyrighted. And that's not uncommon and not a problem. Open up an apple phone you might find a motorola chip - that might be bad example, I don't know brand chips are in an apple phone, but the point remains. in the video, they're also using PICs, made by Microchip, servos made by someone else, and pots probably made by Bourns.