Need Help 8085 starter

chrischristian

Joined Feb 22, 2008
I have downloaded a simple simmulator fo 8085 kit from http://www.vikaspatel.org/ ,which can progrmme in hex only ( It has a-z and 0-9 keys with reset,execute etc. keys) Now I have all hex codes for all memnomics but I don't know how to start, I mean how to find address of registers and all that begaining stuff, I tried a few example but they did'nt work can any one suggest any link from where I can get any tutorial on how to use the same kind (HEX programme) of kit and begain my first programme!!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
If you don't have a specific reason to choose the 8085 as the microprocessor to study other than the convenience of a simulation tool, then I would recommend you go with another device that is more currently available. The AVR or the PIC microntrollers have free tools that you can be used in simulation mode. By learning to program either of these devices, you will be able to apply what you have learned to a microcontroller that is not obsolete.

hgmjr

chrischristian

Joined Feb 22, 2008
:confused:I take your advice hgmjr and switvhed to MPLAB which has nice tutorial but I continiously have one error while building my first project in MPLAB, that is....
"
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\MPLAB IDE\MCHIP_Tools\MPASMWIN.EXE" /q /p18F452 "f452tmpo.asm" /l"f452tmpo.lst" /e"f452tmpo.err" /o"f452tmpo.o"
Executing: "C:\Program Files\MPLAB IDE\MCHIP_Tools\mplink.exe" "18f452i.lkr" "C:\Documents and Settings\CHRISTIAN\My Documents\FIRST PROJECT\f452tmpo.o" /o"MY PROJECT.cof"
MPLINK 3.80.02, Linker
Copyright (c) 2004 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors : 0

MP2COD 3.80.02, COFF to COD File Converter
Copyright (c) 2004 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - Source file 'C:\Documents and Settings\CHRISTIAN\My Documents\FIRST PROJECT\f452tmpo.asm' name exceeds file format maximum of 62 characters.
Errors : 1

Loaded C:\Documents and Settings\CHRISTIAN\My Documents\FIRST PROJECT\MY PROJECT.cof
BUILD SUCCEEDED: Mon Mar 17 20:17:51 2008

"
can any one solve this plese !!

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
The path name is too long. Save your project in a folder on the root directory such as C:\First Project, that will solve your problem. MPLAB, irritatingly, does that kind of thing.