Need an RF transmitter/receiver

Gulliver55

Joined Apr 5, 2009
Hello,

I am looking for a turn key solution, a transmitter/receiver package I can purchase that will fit the following:

Transmitter and receiver run off 12-15 volt DC
Receiver can possible run from 5 to 9 volt DC
Receiver no bigger than 2inches long by 1 inch high by 1/2 inch thick
Transmitter needs to take a 12volt DC on/off signal [source signal] ( the signal is the 12/volt DC going from on to off to on and so on)
and send that on/off to the receiver
Receiver needs to take that on/off and switch another wire on/off to mimic the wire connected as the signal source
to the transmitter

Any ideas??

I believe these could work but the transmitter seems to be button activated and I don't think that it would do what I need but is there another version or can this one be modified?

http://www.smarthome.com/7046/1-Cha...Receiver-for-RF-Remote-Control-SK-910R/p.aspx

http://www.smarthome.com/70401/Wired-1-Button-Triggered-Transmitter-SK-919TDWS-BU-/p.aspx

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
What is the application? How much current needs to be handled by the receiver, and what is the allowed draw of the transmitter?

What frequency range? What is the physical distance between transmitter and receiver? What is allowable for an antenna?

Gulliver55

Joined Apr 5, 2009
What is the application? How much current needs to be handled by the receiver, and what is the allowed draw of the transmitter?

What frequency range? What is the physical distance between transmitter and receiver? What is allowable for an antenna?
Great questions...

Application is this: I need to take a vehicle turn signal and (without running physical wires) cause another turn signal to blink at the same time and rate.

Current: The receiving RF module will power about 15 LED's

Allowed draw: I am not sure how to answer this.The transmitter will have direct access to the turn signal + and - wires as well as + from the battery if need be.

Frequency range: Can be what ever will accomplish my objective.

Distance is about 25 feet

Antenna for the receiver should be the small 4 inch wire type I have seen and the transmitter antenna can be what ever.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
This to light up taillights on a tractor-trailer (semi) type application?

What will the power source be on the wireless receiver end, to power the receiver and lights, do the lights need to be tri-mode (off/on/dim/bright)?