Need a timed, engine shut down circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonI

Joined Dec 25, 2012
I am new to the site and want to say Hi. I need a circuit that I could use spark induction from a spark plug wire , On the first spark it has a 7 sec. timer, when engine runs above 3k RPM's within the first 7 sec it will kill the coil so there will be no spark. After 7 sec. engine runs normal. thanks If anyone can help me with this

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This is not for automotive if that's what you mean. I need it to shut a ultralight 1 cyclender engine down .
I'm guessing that would be off limits too. The reason for the automotive restriction is one of liability. I would thing an ultralight would be x10 of the automotive liability.

But mods will have to weigh in.

LondonI

Joined Dec 25, 2012
This is more of a safety thing , I need somthing that will shut the engine down while on the ground say if the throttle was stuck wide open while is was being started . Now if the engine was stuck wide open at first start that would be 10X worse then a car I just want to prevent that .

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That may be your intention, but that is irrelevant. What happens if the device is activated while in flight. This kind of system is a bad idea because it cannot be made safe. It is the same for a device connected to the mains without an isolation transformer. This is the board of little sympathy and zero tolerance.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

It is not directly automotive, but safety can not be garanteed.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus