Need a project to keep me busy!!

Adamf001

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Hi im a novice when it comes to electronics but i know basic electronics, My free time is empty and i kneed a project to keep me busy, and for a bit of fun. Im also Quite good at Engineering so anything you can think of would be great thanks:)

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
You know basic electronics. What does this mean....you have had some formal training or you have read some How-to's somewhere? Also, what exactly do you mean when you say that you are good at engineering? Explain to us in a bit more detail what your experience is with respect to electronics and engineering. There are an endless possibility of projects that you could choose to build, but building one that is going to be useful to you in the end would be most beneficial.

There is a wealth of electronics instruction beginning Here on this site either to refresh, reference, or enhance you knowledge. They may even give you some ideas for a project.

Other than that you can find lots of sites on the net such as
discovercircuits.com that might spark an interest in a project.

Welcome to AllAboutCircuits!

Adamf001

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Well I know how to solder, i know how to use most electronic components and how they work, the mathematical side I find difficult. About the engineering side i have access to a number of fully equipped workshops and can build almost anything.
At home in my room i have made my own speaker system ( I prefer these types of projects ones that incorporate bothy aspects of my hobbies)
it would be great if it was a long worthwhile project that took a few weekends. also the schematics would be good

Last edited:

bluebrakes

Joined Oct 17, 2009
the best projects are ones that you actually find a regular use for.
For example, I wanted to capture water droplets just breaking the surface on my camera. So I built a basic time delay circuit using a 556 timer and a trigger switch. It's been a worthwhile project ever since.

Also depends if you want a 5 min project or an ongoing project.
Hobby shops do electronic kits that have prefabricated circuit boards and you just solder the components on.

Pencil

Joined Dec 8, 2009
At home in my room i have made my own speaker system ( I prefer these types of projects ones that incorporate bothy aspects of my hobbies)
How about adding some visual entertainment to your
sound system? Hit up the GOOGLE with the terms "VU meter"
or "color organ".

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
How about adding some visual entertainment to your
sound system? Hit up the GOOGLE with the terms "VU meter"
or "color organ".
There you go, there are lots of possibilities along these lines. You-tube color organ and you'll find a bunch of video's that might get you interested. You can also you-tube on audio devices.

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
Hi im a novice when it comes to electronics but i know basic electronics, My free time is empty and i kneed a project to keep me busy, and for a bit of fun. Im also Quite good at Engineering so anything you can think of would be great thanks:)
OK Adamf001 try this project. I hope you will like it and it will improve your skills too. The link to the project is :
http://www.ladyada.net/make/bedazzler/make.html
Rest you find out yourself.
Good luck.