Need a numerical on stagger tuning of two stage cascaded tuned amplifier circuit...

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
Hello friends...

Can someone provide me a solved numerical example on stagger tuning of two stage cascade amplifier circuit for figure as below..

2.PNG

The figure above shows a two stage circuit which is mutually coupled by a double tuned resonant circuit . Both the resonant circuits are tuned to different frequencies..i.e staggered to an amount.
The unknown variable in the numerical should be C2, i.e we have to find value of C2.

thanks in advance!!

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
34.PNG

Just for a start take the value of C1 to be 6p26..
I have no idea of how much is the staggered amount...you can take any reference value for this to begin..
C2 is to be found...

Last edited:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Double tumed resonant circuits are used to increase the Bandwidth of the amplifier. Unless we know the Centre frequency and the required BW, it may not be possible to define the resonant frequencies of the circuits.

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
Unless we know the Centre frequency and the required BW, it may not be possible to define the resonant frequencies of the circuits.
Take centre frequency to be 175 Mhz and overall bandwidth to be around 50 Mhz..and please provide me a numerical example on it...

Last edited:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
The bandwidth of 50 MHz around 175 MHz is equivalant to a Q of 3. I think you'd be better off to use Low Pass and High Pass filters instead of Resonant Filters.