need a good topic for seminar

vineetmad

Joined Mar 23, 2009
plz help me..people out there..

need a good , fresh topic for seminar(related to electronics and communication)

and plz suggest topics on which i could find some stuffs too......thanx in advance

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
plz help me..people out there..

need a good , fresh topic for seminar(related to electronics and communication)

and plz suggest topics on which i could find some stuffs too......thanx in advance

How to make a fortune as an electronics geek in a lame economy.

I think we need to show a lot of techs and engineers the importance of startup companies. Everyone should know about how H-P got started in a garage....such opportunities still abound.

A few of us local corporate "expatriates" have started a small custom instrumentation business...not much more than a "cottage shop" now, but it looks like it may take off soon.

We shouldn't be at the mercy of available jobs...we should be CREATING new jobs and industries.

Eric

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Topic; "How introducing pure hydrogen into the intake manifold of gasoline powered automobile causes acute mental retardation of the automobile driver".
:)

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
I would say experimentation in magnetics. It's a fascinating field to me personally. Serioulsly, if you want to make a good presentation seminar, pick a subject that personally intrests you and do extensive research. when you are done with your research, you should end up with way more information than you will need for your presentation. The hard part is deciding what to cut out. After that, the very hardest part is conducting "dry runs" practicing your presentation to an empty room over and over until you get it right. Maybe you can have a friend sit through it and give you some honest constructive criticism on what you need to do to improve it. Presentations go like this... 1. The hook, get them interested. 2. keep them interested (hardest part) 3. summary 4. Q & A 5. credits and thanks to those who helped you with your work.

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Sorry, vineetmad, I didn't mean to make light of your request.

I think a good topic would be the effect of lightning on aircraft; especially flight 455. The nature of lightning, its hazards, a history of protection from lightning starting with Ben Franklin's lightning rod. One question I have is the effect of lightning on an aluminum surface 7 miles above ground. Since the electric potential is , presumably, uniform all around the plane, where is the shock hazard?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
More topical is that Airbus that just went down. Something about aluminum wiring being not too smart in aircraft applications. Or non-redundant flight controls - fly-by-wire doesn't work well without power.

flat5

Joined Nov 13, 2008
"Since the electric potential is , presumably, uniform all around the plane, where is the shock hazard? "

Perhaps that is a poor assumption. The voltage is very high and very short lived. I think there may be great potential for a potential difference from one part of the plane to another.
---

I like Bill's suggestion. I worked for a company that made a world class product. They made two of the best "Proof of Performance" test instruments for TV and FM broadcast transmitters. The company was owned and started in a garage by an engineer from Hong Kong. When I worked for them (1979-1982) they were next door to Intel in Santa Clara, Ca. (Wish I had bought Intel stock)

Last edited: