Need a good online store

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
Whats a good online store for your general electronic components? By that I mean from resistors to ICs.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Hi hgmjr & john,

as a suggestion can we not put out online stores according to region? maybe that would be easier for anybody to id where he can easily access his/her needs. the issue sometimes with this stores is they have usually minimum orders, the person does not own a credit card, the freight cost is sometimes higher than the parts cost.

moz

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
Hey John, I like your website that explains in detail each store. Thanks:)

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
hey if u r making a project for college.
texas instrument is really helpful in providing free ic's for students.
all u need to do is register there. i didnt even have to pay the delivery charges
(fedex delivered it)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
For UK based components:

RS Components

as a suggestion can we not put out online stores according to region? maybe that would be easier for anybody to id where he can easily access his/her needs. the issue sometimes with this stores is they have usually minimum orders, the person does not own a credit card, the freight cost is sometimes higher than the parts cost.

moz
I concur with moz, if you are suggesting a local store please emphasise this in your post. This way for those looking through for quick information will be able to filter out the stores according to location. Thanks.

Dave

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
Another good source of electronic parts is the electronics
flea market. I probably wouldn't buy ICs or electrolytic caps there
but resistors, connectors, mechanical parts are usually OK.

In Boston there is a flea market at MIT the third Sunday of every month
from April through October. Information is at http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.shtml

There is schedule for New England electronic flea markets at
http://web.mit.edu/w1gsl/Public/ne-fleas

(* jcl *)

Happy Euler's Birthday. There is a free Pi poster on my
website www.luciani.org

---
www.luciani.org

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
hey if u r making a project for college.
texas instrument is really helpful in providing free ic's for students.
all u need to do is register there. i didnt even have to pay the delivery charges
(fedex delivered it)
How do I go about doing this? I already registered, is it automatically sent?

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
you need to send a request for the required ic.
they are very helpful in sending all u need is to login into their site and give them necessary details. regarding how to make a request u can find info on their site.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I believe all you need to go to the section on the TI website for the part you are interested in and click on the "sample" button.

hgmjr