Need a final year project suggestion for my degree

dumindu89

Joined Oct 28, 2010
I have to do a project for my final year of my Electronic Engineering degree. It should be something new and useful thing. I am still thinking for a better project. Here are some general ideas. But I didn't go to deep.

• Automate a particular task

• Security system for a some thing or a task

• Something to renew/regenerate any kind of energy

• Make a system to grab the energy from two or more energy sources and output it as voltage or current
Now I just need go for a specific one. Please suggest something more specific within these general areas. It is OK to suggest something out of these areas too. I need your great ideas as soon as possible.
My budget is around 600$ for the project.

Thanks in advance.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Currently in the global internet market-place there are precious few available submersible mini-hydroelectric turbines for the generation of homestead quantities of electrical power, using the flow of a small stream as the power source. The company which manufactures the best known such device, Aquair, has evidently folded, leaving some old stock of this item, retailing at a little over $1000 USD from a handful of internet vendors.

In the Third World where the absence of mains grid electrical power is generally the rule rather than the exception, there is an ENORMOUS untapped demand for DIY electrical power generating technology, and a mini-hydroelectric turbine, produced at an affordable price, would sell faster than condoms at a Shriners convention in 'Vegas.

If an alternate energy harnessing system fits the bill for your senior project, the design and construction of a sumbersible mini-hyroelectric turbine that can be positioned in small streams with relatively sluggish flow, so as to generate electrical power adequate for homestead use, at an assembled cost of $500 USD or less, would make for a worthwhile, environmentally friendly device with huge potential for global sales, were such a design patented and mass-produced for export to the developing world.

Here is a link of related products for inspiration.

http://www.backwoodssolar.com/catalog/hydropower.htm

dumindu89

Joined Oct 28, 2010
Currently in the global internet market-place there are precious few available submersible mini-hydroelectric turbines for the generation of homestead quantities of electrical power, using the flow of a small stream as the power source. The company which manufactures the best known such device, Aquair, has evidently folded, leaving some old stock of this item, retailing at a little over $1000 USD from a handful of internet vendors.

In the Third World where the absence of mains grid electrical power is generally the rule rather than the exception, there is an ENORMOUS untapped demand for DIY electrical power generating technology, and a mini-hydroelectric turbine, produced at an affordable price, would sell faster than condoms at a Shriners convention in 'Vegas.

If an alternate energy harnessing system fits the bill for your senior project, the design and construction of a sumbersible mini-hyroelectric turbine that can be positioned in small streams with relatively sluggish flow, so as to generate electrical power adequate for homestead use, at an assembled cost of $500 USD or less, would make for a worthwhile, environmentally friendly device with huge potential for global sales, were such a design patented and mass-produced for export to the developing world.

Here is a link of related products for inspiration.

http://www.backwoodssolar.com/catalog/hydropower.htm
Great suggestion. I will search more about your idea. I need other people's ideas too. Because all the projects are subjected to approval by lecturers panel before I start the particular project.