need a circuit to generate a pulse for plasma erosion of electrodes

sirdavid

Joined Nov 9, 2009
David, the c.scott site is commonly known as the Garden of EDM plans. It was a proposal for a graduate school thesis. It was never built and was using concepts that are not used in any EDM design that I've been able to find in the 12 years I've been at this. The design as drawn is VERY DANGEROUS!!! There is no isolation of the mains!! It is wired directly to the main house wiring. The open circuit voltage is way higher than any commercial machine uses.

The other book is another of the ones that I have. It uses a lot of concepts that none of the other home built machines/plans use. While a lot of these have been built, there are a lot of faults in the design.

Between this book and the first one I linked to, the first one in my opinion is the best. The HSM/Langlois book goes much more in detail on the build. It gives a lot more on the theory and how things work. It's also the one that anyone goes out on their own design sites as their starting point.

Over the years there has been 7 or 8 different plan sets or magazine articles on building a EDM, I have all but one of them and the HSM is the most complete. Just my opinion.

Cary
Points well taken.
I'll stick with the Langlois book.

sirdavid

Joined Nov 9, 2009
OK. Now I have the Langlois book.
Now I'm requesting help to modify the circuit to match what I described in the earlier posts, and to be able to vary everything so I can experiment.

David.