NDS0605 MOSFET Value in Eagle

rbrooke2379

Joined Jun 13, 2014
I've put together a circuit using an NDS0605 MOSFET in Eagle. Hitting the ERC, one of my errors tells me that "MP1 has no value." What value and units is Eagle asking for for a transistor? Drain-source or gate source voltage? Gain? Threshold voltage? Drain–Source Diode Forward Voltage? Or, since I'm not running it through Spice before breadboarding it should I just not bother.

More generally, what is the unit used for a transistor, MOSFET or BJT. For instance, if I have a resistor with value R1 = 3.3k, everyone knows that I'm talking about 3.3 kilo-ohms. Similarly with capacitors etc. If I have a schematic with a transistor, is there a single value one can put next to it to understand what it does in the circuit without reading the datasheet? I'd imagine it would be the gain, but I don't know.

Thanks for the help.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The object has a value field defined (like resistor) but you haven't specified one. Don't know what you would put in there either but its not important. You can suppress the error by just putting something in there.

rbrooke2379

Joined Jun 13, 2014
Thanks. That's what I thought I could do, but it got me wondering. I suppose I could run a Spice simulation and figure out what different values there do, but that sounds like a lot of work. :eek: